If you want to increase the productivity and performance of your workforce, then it is essential that the staff should be motivated towards achieving the goals. Any organisation which has a focus to achieve certain aims needs to take its employees on-board, so that everyone works in a certain direction, committed towards achieving a certain objective. But if the employees lack motivation, then low productivity and dissatisfaction are bound to be the results.
If you wish to avoid the issues that arise from a lack of motivation, or simply wish to give your employees morale a definite boost, then use the following tips to ensure a highly motivated workforce.
- Ensure Personalised Recognition Of Employee Efforts: Your organisation needs to have an employee recognition program. You can let the productive and efficient employees choose their reward from a list of options. This will make them feel valued and more loyal towards the organisation.
- Improve Communication Efforts: The line managers and the supervisors can ensure efficient communication with their team through a direct medium instead of relying on mails all the time. Direct feedback and praise ensure a high comfort level with direct managers, fostering trust and translating into high motivation and increased productivity.
- Offer Flexible Work Schedule: A flexible work schedule offers relief to the employee force, and ensures them that the organisation values their efforts. Flexible timing, telecommuting and job sharing, will enable employees to finish their work while maintaining a good work life balance. This will motivate the employees, and help you retain some of the best talent in the industry.
- Increase Responsibilities: Some employees find additional responsibilities a highly motivating element in their job. It lets them enjoy greater ownership in different organisational efforts, and thus, makes them more motivated to strive for business success.
- Growth: Understand the growth ambition of each team member. Helping them grow, as per their ambition, not only in career but also personally will improve engagement and motivation levels.
- Education: Continuous personal development is the key to keeping the employees working towards their goals. Invest in right training and support to help them improve their skills and become better leaders.
- Empowerment: Encourage employees to make decisions and support them in risk taking. If your team is not encouraged to think out of the box, you will keep getting same results as you always have. Supporting your team to think and take risks will also increase ownership and responsibility
The best way to motivate your employees depends upon their preference. Every organisation needs to strive to ensure high employee motivation levels, so that business success can be guaranteed, with higher work performance and efficiency.